Don’t you love the taste of Turkish Delight? Its delicate, perfumed rose flavour. The sticky chewiness of the sweet, as it lingers long in the mind and evokes a memory that can never be forgotten.
According to Turkish folklore, the candy was created in the 18th century when Sultan Abdul Hamid I summoned all his confectionery experts and ordered them to produce a unique dessert.
Thanks to that sweet stroke of genius, Turkish delight was born, giving us the dusty pink jellies that romance the tastebuds. And now, it infuses an exquisite martini makeover too.
This recipe’s stunning pink colour makes it the perfect romantic drink for Valentine’s Day or any day.
Turkish Delight Martini
- ½ cup vodka or gin
- 1 teaspoon vermouth
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Tiniest drop of red food colouring
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Turkish delight for serving
- Pink flowers or umbrellas for decoration
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously
- Strain into glasses and decorate Perfumed by rosewater, Turkish delight really is delightful
Mix cocktails like a professional with this one-of-a-kind bartending kit, including all the essential accessories and cocktail shaker centrepiece.
The martini shaker set also comes with unique recipe cards for a fun cocktail mixing experience to get you started.