Mornings are sometimes such a rush and these muesli bars are easy to make and ready to go. You only need one hand to eat them and you can munch them on the run.
They’re also a healthy breakfast option. They’re packed with nutrients and will keep your hunger at bay right through to lunchtime. These bars are perfect snacks to add to a school lunchbox, as part of a work or exercise routine, or to take on a picnic or hike.
But you don’t really need an excuse to grab one of these anytime, so get baking and get chewing!
Muesli Breakfast Bars
- 4 cups breakfast oats
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, sesame or linseed) and nuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or seedless raisins or chopped dried apricots)
- 1 can (410g) condensed milk
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Grease a baking sheet pan (20 x 30cm) with cooking spray
- Gently heat the condensed milk in a large pot, over a medium heat
- Remove from the stove before it starts to boil
- Combine all the dry ingredients and stir them into the warm condensed milk
- Line baking sheet with baking paper and transfer the mixture to the sheet and flatten with your hands (wet your hands slightly first)
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes
- Slice into bars on the baking sheet
- Allow the bars to cool further before attempting to remove them from the sheet
- Store in an airtight container – there’s no need to refrigerate, they will keep up to a week
This stainless steel baking tray set has a shiny mirror finished surface to stop food from sticking. The baking sheet is completely smooth, without any rough spot, for quick and ease releasing of your freshly baked goods.
Rolled rims make it comfortable to hold and move from counter to oven and back again.