Who can resist a brownie? Not me, not ever! Like a magic blend of cookie and pudding, brownies outrank every dessert there is in the always-in-the-mood-for stakes. You don’t even need a spoon – or a plate, I’d argue.
Brownies beckon you closer with every mouthful. They’re rich, chocolatey, squidgy, oozy, gooey little bars from heaven that you can’t keep your hands off of.
They’re made just right for you to curl up on the couch with, as you make your way through another helping and lick that melted chocolate goo off your sticky little fingers.
It’s hard to think of anything better than a classic brownie – with crusty edges that give way to cocoa lava – but we’re about to put the cherry on the cake. Raspberries, to be precise.
These little juice gems add a beautiful pop of tartness to the dark chocolate and a brand new level of texture, moisture and flavour.
Taste buds, prepare for liftoff.
Chocolate and Raspberry Brownies
- 200g dark chocolate cut into chunks
- 100g milk chocolate cut into chunks
- 400g soft brown sugar
- 250g salted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with parchment paper
- Place the chocolate, butter, and sugar into a saucepan on a low heat
- Gently melt them together while stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat and cool for about 5 minutes
- One by one, stir the eggs into the cooled chocolate mixture
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa and stir into the mixture
- Add half the raspberries and stir into the mixture
- Scrape the mixture into the parchment-lined baking tin
- Scatter over the other half of the raspberries
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares
- Will keep for up to three days in a sealed container, that is if they last that long If you’d like these a bit firmer, bake them for an extra 5 minutes
The best name in professional baking, Fat Daddio's brings industrial strength bakeware to your oven.
Made with anodized aluminium, this 8x2 square baking pan is the ideal kitchen tool for perfect brownies, blondies, cakes and bars.
The pan's surfaces are thick, smooth and completely sealed, so you'll enjoy consistent bakes with even heating, no warping and no metallic flavours whatsoever.