Coriander or cilantro is a love/hate herb that either grabs you with both hands if you love it or uses those same hands to push it away if you hate it. The leaves and stems of coriander have a spicy lemony, ginger aroma and taste that imparts real flavour to salads, cooked foods and dressings, making it a favourite herb used by many countries around the world.
This pesto brings out the wonderful flavour of coriander and is great as a relish alongside a freshly-grilled sausage on a roll, on a chicken or lamb sandwich, as a potato crisp dip, in pasta, on pizza or even in a jaffle.
With so many ways to use it, it’ll quickly become a regular condiment in your pantry and your fridge.
Zingy Coriander Pesto
- 80g bunch Fresh coriander, washed dried and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 to 8cm piece of fresh ginger chopped
- 2-3 birds eye chillies (Or milder chillies if preferred), deseeded
- ⅓ cup crushed salted peanuts
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (you can use more if you wish)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor if you wish to save chopping all the ingredients or if chopped use a hand blender
- If the pesto is too thick add a small amount of water until the consistency is to your liking
- Store in the refrigerator for two weeks Try replacing the peanuts with macadamia nuts for a different flavour
Ninja’s most versatile blender and processing powerhouse can do it all. The Ninja combines the crushing power of a blender, the precision of a food processor and the power to make thick smoothie bowls and mix dough.
You can't have a kitchen without one!