Passionfruit iced tea is such a refreshing drink to cool you down on a steamy summer day. The exotic passionfruit evokes scenes of a desert island, with palm trees lightly swaying in the cool breeze, while you’re relaxing on the beach with this fragrant and fruity drink in your hand and not a care in the world.
Whip up a jug for a pool party or weekend barbecue and you’ll have delighted guests lining up for another glass.
It’s so easy to make and naturally non-alcoholic, so why not make one for the kids and another for adults with a tot of your favourite tipple to twist it up?
Passionfruit Iced Tea
- 5 apple flavoured teabags
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit (granadilla)
- 2 cups clear apple juice
- 4 cups of water
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ stalk of lemongrass bruised
- 4 passionfruit halved to serve
- Sparkling water or lemonade to serve
- Place the teabags, passionfruit pulp, water, honey and lemongrass in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely
- Add the apple juice and stir to combine
- Remove the teabags and lemongrass and divide the mixture between 4 glasses
- Top with sparkling water or lemonade
- Scrape the pulp from the four passionfruit into each glass
- Decorate with mint sprigs and serve icy cold Try making ice cubes out of the tea or lemonade or just freeze some white grapes so you can cool your drink down without watering down the flavour
Featuring an elegant Scandinavian design, this premium quality pitcher comes with a capacity of 68 oz / 2 litres, so there's more than enough for a dinner party or drinks around the pool. It’s constructed from borosilicate glass for maximum resistance against scratches, stains, rust and odors.