There’s something quite amazing about making a pot of blooming tea. It almost feels like magic, as you see the bud unfurl into this beautiful blossom in the teapot, right there in front of your eyes.
The tea buds are made by binding tea leaves and flowers together into a bulb, then setting them to dry. When steeped, the bundle expands and unfolds in a process that emulates a blooming flower, and the flowers inside emerge as the centrepiece.
But visual theatre aside, the teas burst with flavour too.
With a base of green tea, black tea or white tea, the bouquet of flavours include various flowers and fruit like jasmine, rose, chrysanthemum, lychee, peach and many more.
One for every day of the week, and a few more for the weekend too.
- 1 blooming tea bud
- Glass teapot
- Hot water
- Place one tea bud in a glass teapot – you don’t want to miss the show
- Heat water until it’s close to boiling temperature
- Slowly pour hot water over the flower until it’s completely submerged
- Watch the tea leaves slowly unravel
- Steep for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired strength
- Sip, relax and enjoy
Blooming Tea Punch
- 750ml cold blooming tea, including the flowers
- 125ml white rum
- 60ml peach schnapps
- 125ml sparkling or soda water
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass pitcher and chill
- Serve icy cold Take your tea to the next refreshing level with a sparkling iced tea punch for a party or picnic
This beautiful blooming tea set comes with all the essentials for an elegant tea party: a 40 oz premium quality glass teapot with lid, a glass infuser, warmer and candle, four double-wall glass cups and 12 blooming tea flowers in a gift canister.
All pieces in the set are made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass and are stovetop, microwave and dishwasher safe.